I tried to look at my old blog posts for New Year's resolutions from last year but I guess I didn't post any. That led me to read my old posts and I saw that I was hopeful for 2006, running around and traveling up until I had that major neck numbness incident in mid-January. God I can't believe that was a year ago. All bed ridden and feeling like I wasn't going to be able to resume normal life (dramatic, I know, but hey when you're sick you think of the worse possible situation). I'm glad I got through that and vowed to never take anything in life for granted. Even going to the grocery store. hehe...
The main things I remember from 2006 are my trips to Seattle, NY, Portugal, Spain, Cabo, the Bay Area, Las Vegas, Miami, Philadelphia, Napa and Arizona. It was a great travel year. It opened my eyes to what else is out there in this world. I have so many more places in mind to go to. I wonder where I will be going to this year.
It was also the year I met Tuan, the man I am in love with. He is such a blessing to me. I learned a lot about what it means to love someone and to be loved.

Chillin at the Apple Store
2006 ended with a trip to the Bay Area. I had a chance to see a lot of folks. Christmas day was pretty low key - stayed at home and went to the movies. We saw Rocky. The 26th it was the girls' Kris Kringle, this year with the guys. We played spin the bottle. You'd think we were 16 again. hehe..that's the kinda stuff you can only do with your girls (and get more information out of their significant other!) haha...
Tuan and I spent a couple of days in Napa with Rhonda and Lateef which was awesome. We went to Honig, Rutherford Hill, Miner, Sterling, and one other one I cannot remember. My favorite was Honig, Miner, and Sterling. I love the reds from Miner and Sterling. Honig has great white wines and their Last Harvest dessert wine is to die for. hehe...

At the Honig Winery in Napa, CA

My baby braving Twin Peaks, San Francisco

Jenn, Sunny, Tuan, and Divo @ Jenn's new pad
We hung out in SF mostly the rest of the week. Dinner @ Cha Cha Cha's with Sunny, Jenn, and Simon. Shopping @ Union Square and picture taking at Twin Peaks and Alamo Square with Tuan. We saw Jenn's new pad - so happy for her! Then of course the Davis/Berkeley reunion at Cesar's - played taboo and had a white elephant exchange. We missed those who weren't there. Had a great time...

Green Holiday Party @ Cesar's
And now back in LA enjoying the weekends and first slow week of the month. Lots to look forward to - people visiting and no idea where this new job will lead me. Cross your fingers for me that I get a good location in California or a major city elsewhere. But I do have stuff I want to do in 2007 (I won't call them resolutions cuz then I'll never do them)...
- Run a few 5ks (doing my first one this wknd in Orange County)
- Travel, Travel, Travel (maybe NY again, Chicago, and outside of the US) - for work, with family, my girls, and my baby (Tuan!)
- Take a digital photography class or pick up my digital SLR more often
- Go in an uncharted territory with my career
- Consistently workout
- Don't gain more weight because I'm working out in the field
- Seek and identify investment opportunities
- See challenges more as opportunities
- Stay positive - good things come to those who see things in a positive light
- Always try to learn something new about everyone important in my life - that means conditioning existing relationships
No comments:
Post a Comment