Damn that 'send' button...
You ever think, damn I was too quick to press that send button! It could have been accidentally or spurred on by a form of inspiration (aka, alcohol, illegal use of a substance, anger or desparation)..ok I'm being dramatic, but you know what I mean. I think I kind of regret my recent "send" button experience but I am just trying to convince myself, hey if it was something I really thought/felt then why not? It's the truth. You put yourself out there and no one cares, then forget them! They suck! =)
This is related to my new quote above from Dr. Seuss (seriously?!). Sometimes we are just too concerned about what people think of us. We are afraid to say something for fear of rejection or judgement. Hey if you are blunt, curt, or rude on a consistent basis that's not acceptable...and I don't mean this. What I mean is expressing vulnerability, anger, or emotion to someone that we deem worth it. Having regret about not saying what's on your mind at all could hurt almost just as badly.
Well, too bad emails can't be rewritten or deleted and republished like posting on blogger.
Daaang it.
Changing carbs
So it's confirmed. I can't fit my Ann Taylor crop pants that I bought a year ago I think. I will blame it on all the halo halo and rice I consumed while in the Philippines. So I've been reading up on how I should modify my diet and exercise (or lack thereof). I think my body also responds to food and exercise differently now then it did a year ago. So anyways, right now there are no carbs (bread, cereal) in my house so i'm thinking of cutting that down for awhile and increasing my protein and vegetable intake significantly to see how that works for me. I feel like these days I also need more sleep (aka lacking energy) and am hoping the protein and exercise will up my energy level. So we'll see. I'm starting to note what I eat everyday and the amount of exercise I'm doing. Wish me luck! =)
You don't have to erase anything, just let go
Great words of advice from a good friend.
6 comments:
:D
Never regret your words, I always say. Have you ever thought of all the messages that should have been sent but people just never pressed the SEND button? Makes you think...
*sigh* I also cannot fit into capris I wore just last September. I'm trying to increase my total fiber intake. Whole grains are our friends! The adequate intake for females our age is 25g. Eating lots of fiber displaces fats and sugars in the diet. You also feel full faster with less food. Good luck to both of us!
-M
i'm outta the loop...whose inbox was it?
me too divo! my pants just aren't fitting right either. mike and i are trying to swim every night in our pool, and i got a new bike a couple weeks ago. hopefully that will help before summer is in full swing! hehehe. i like that last quote.
Thinking about it, with how dangerous words (especially rash ones) really can be, the send button on any chat/IM program can be MUCH more dangerous than the one on e-mail.
Post a Comment