4.06.2005

Hump Day
I woke up this morning feeling refreshed. Nothing hanging over my head as I got out of bed. I shouldn't take this feeling for granted.

Last night I went out with Peggy, a coworker of mine from San Diego. Before that, after having had a short episode of food poisoning (off of mixed vegetables left out), the first thing I wanted to eat was sushi (call me crazy!) So I went to try a new place near Peggy's hotel on Ventura Blvd off the 405 called Toshi Sushi. It was just me and this one other dude who happened to be staying at the same hotel Peggy was staying at. I've never been in a restaurant where it was just me and someone else. So strange. The fish was pretty good - I had salmon and albacore nigiri and a rainbow roll. Damn, it was good. I finally met up with Peggy and headed to Cheesecake Factory at the Sherman Oaks gallery and had some white rasberry truffle cheesecake - yum! It was great catching up with her!

T-9 days
And I'm leaving for PI. I have a feeling this trip is going to sneak up on me. Still need to buy another CF card and battery for my camera. Gotta go through my closet to see what clothes I don't need anymore and want to give to my cousins. Cannot forget the passport (just put it in my briefcase so I don't forget!). I'm excited and scared of the bugs at the same time =)

So did you hear Peter Jennings has lung cancer. First Tom Brokaw leaving NBC, Dan Rather having that incident with CBS, and now Peter Jennings. Did you know that only 16% of those diagnosed with lung cancer survive? Crazy. Hopefully the public's support will give him strength as we see him go through chemo treatment.

So I just signed up for another online network (damn them all!) called LinkedIn. I wouldn't have signed up for it except my old coworker who I love was the one who sent me the invitation. It's an interesting concept - it's a professional network to find jobs, find old coworkers, and maybe even find business partners. Not sure how successful this will be unless there are professionals that obsess over the internet like us teenagers and 20-something year-olds do.

School work...hmm need to start that. I'm also realizing that I am not that excited about starting the consulting gig - I think I just feel it's one year I need to go through before I leave IMS. It's probably stemming from the anxiety of the politics that I may have to face in the new office and the many hours I will have to put in from working there. I'm telling my boss she can take her time finding a replacement for me. Actually we are now looking for two analysts since my coworker just put in his two-week notice. So if anyone has any pharmaceutical and/or market research experience send your resume my way...

Alright enough thinking for a hump day morning. Gotta start work!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww...wish I were there with you to help you get past your hump day. We'd eat sushi on the beach while being entertained by a sunset. Does this sound like the perfect date or what? ;) Hee-hee. Call me if you need picking up.

Divine said...

haha...so sweet grace! yeah, today will definitely be an interesting hump day to get over. no worries though.

Anonymous said...

when you are in a restaurant solo, do you just eat? or do you read or do work while you eat?

just wondering. :|

Divine said...

sometimes i'll read while i eat or be obnoxious and talk on a cell phone =)