4.10.2005

Dr. Allen
I'm at the Starbucks in Manhattan Beach and have been sitting here for the past couple of hours watching the congregation of Dr. Allen. I actually can say I have been introduced to him under the premise he'd be cool to talk to about Public Health (this was when I was hanging out with this older guy at the same Starbucks months ago). I was even invited to one of his parties on the Strand (strip of houses along Manhattan Beach). Anyways, it's just been amazing how many people have just gone up to this random group of people because of Dr. Allen. I think he is what you would call a "Connector" as referred to in Gladwell's, The Tipping Point. He talks to all sorts of people and therefore there is like only 7 degrees of separation between any one of us if he's involved. It's amazing. He's very friendly and warm and could talk about anything. I think I saw him giving a couple of girls some dating advice, then saw him talking to a younger guy about a hip concert at the House of Blues the night before. Hmm to be just that free about talking with people, it's definitely something to aspire to.

Anyways, just here getting some work done before the week starts since I can imagine it's gonna get busy just before I leave for vacation. It's beautiful outside though. I can see the ocean from the window here. Anyways, hope everyone is having a good weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wish I were down there with you! Sounds like Dr. Allen is date-able. Is he a love doctor, perhaps? :)