I'm sitting in my last class for today. Honestly I have not been tuning in very much in class. Well I will have to in 10 mins because my laptop battery is dying and I forgot my ac cord. sucker. Anyways, life is good. I spent my two weeks of "spring break" partly in the Bay area and just hanging out in LA.
Sat, Apr 2nd...(in class again)
Les and I made a trip out to SF over the easter weekend - we had a great time and walked a lot! Friday's weather was so amazing. I have to say even after all the times I've been around the City that weekend was a unique experience - not having a car and walking through Chinatown, North Beach to Ghiradelli, walking back and forth on the GG bridge, and up the Marine Headlands. There was one point where I told Les, I can't do this anymore! What surprised me was how he kept motivating me to keep going. I thanked him for that.

Les and I at Union Square, SF

Sunset @ Ghiradelli Square over GG Bridge
Friday night we had drinks and dinner at the Fairmont while Loretta was working. Saturday we had lunch with Grace, Sherille, and Angel at Cheesecake Factory and dinner at Crustaceans with Serena and the rest of the crew. My mom turned 52 on Easter Sunday. I can't believe it - I still remember when she was in her late 30s.
I am back to eating sushi - I ate sushi three days in a row this past week. Major catching up to do. =)
Next steps...
So I'm realizing I'm starting to get that itch again about what my next step is going to be. It's funny that I sit here in class, not being able to wait till it's all over. But at the same time I feel like I won't have that tie to academia, which carries a lot of insight and new ideas that help me keep motivated everyday. I guess the bottom line is that I shouldn't take school for granted. Grad school was a choice for me. We have no reason to complain, because really it is a privilege to pursue higher eduation. One of my professors today just commended us on even being here, wanting to develop ourselves professionally. I then looked at my classmates and realized there is so much potential and promise sitting in this room. I would be honored to call any of these people my colleague.
So I will maximize these next three months. It's been quite a ride to get here and I should ride it out well till the end.
2 comments:
It was soooo good seeing you last week. I miss you so much. But of course, we've got all our gadgets to communicate with. But, still, it's not the same.
I'm so proud of you for not eating sushi for so long! So, the next time you're in town, sushi date, yeah?
And, yes, you matter to me a lot. I thought you'd like to know :)
Before Gary can say otherwise ;)
http://www.macworld.com/news/2005/03/31/nikon/index.php
Post a Comment