9.15.2004

Why some things are better in the OC...
My sister came down this weekend! Although I thought it was going to be my usual SoCal tour we ended up going to Orange County with Aileen and then taking off for San Diego on Sunday. We hit up Newport Beach, Huntington Beach, and Laguna Beach during the day. I'd have to say that Laguna and Huntington were my favorite - especially Laguna..I felt like one could do a mini vacation there. We did some shopping at South Coast, a maze of a mall, but I was proud that I didn't do any damage! Saturday night we went to SharkClub - man that was fun! Sunday my sister and I headed to San Diego. Didn't do much sight seeing but did see some folks we hadn't seen in awhile. Roanne, Ryan, and Ayleen took us to Yardhouse in downtown San Diego. They are known for their yard long glasses of beer and they have 200 beers on tap - none of which i had =p But hey, it's a cool atmosphere =)


Nino, let's try taking that picture again...

Before we headed back to LA we met up with Nino and eventually got to Extraordinary Desserts (don't ever ask anyone there for directions). Damn that was some good dessert =)

Parents in town...
The folks are in town. They got the chance to go to the Fashion district while I had to work =/ but we did eat some good sushi for dinner and my dad hooked me up with connecting cable in my room. Yes!! I didn't have clear TV for a year. Amazing. Man, I'm just so thankful every time they come down just to drop off things and hang out with me. They think I should remodel my bathroom (rip out the tub and put tile against the shower wall, etc) but not do the countertops in the kitchen...what do u guys think? I think I will still do the floor in my kitchen though.

Hope you are all having a great week!

5 comments:

Katrina said...

sorry divo for not being able to meet up with you at the shark club! however, can't wait for the bbq next weekend. i am back in the bay and start school tomorrow! ewww!!!

bev said...

Granite countertops are a must! :) we can't wait to do our kitchen - it's pretty crappy. bev

Anonymous said...

in the back of my mind i knew you were going to put that picture up. ugh. dang i look like a reta...um...a little funny.

Divine said...

love that picture!! =)

jean, the next free weekend i have won't probably be till the end of the year b/t school and coming home for the holidays/bdays...i will definitely take u to the beach!!

SUNNY said...

oooo...beer by the yard? i'm there!

tiling the tub walls too? hmm...sounds like a lot of tile cleaning to me. haha