He's Just Not That Into You...
I'm just going to go on my dating soap box for a moment. A trusty friend just told me of an episode on Oprah where one of the writers from Sex and the City wrote a book titled He's Just Not That Into You... - an empowering book for women to realize we shouldn't be wasting our time hypothesizing, analyzing, and agonizing over the meaning of men's suggestive actions towards us. If it isn't as clear as black and white, he's just not that into you. This is not news to me...as I've seen the difference in a guy's behavior like it was night and day. I've seen it when they are REALLY into you and the moment when they've decided they no longer are. It's kinda crazy. But hey it's like when you buy that new purse or outfit, wear it to death, and then 2 weeks later find it sitting on the shelf amongst the others. Ok, I'm being really cynical now.
But seriously.
I watched that infamous episode from Sex and the City...Berger was breaking the bad but real news to Carrie's Miranda - guys know when they want something and aren't afraid to go after it. A HA! Miranda responded with a somewhat unexpected response, the feeling of being liberated! There were no more "what if's" or "backdoor meanings" or waiting for what "he really means."
But why is it hard for us to accept this fact? Or is it like when your parents tyranically tell you what NOT to do with your life but you don't believe them till life happens to you? We gotta go through the pain sometimes to realize the obvious. But anyways, so they are not into you - thanks for the newsflash, but what am I supposed to do in the meantime, you may ask?
Live life. To the fullest. Like you are the most important thing out there to be had. Someone just has not been fortunate enough to realize it. Poor them. ;-) Why reflect on ourselves to feel like we're the one to blame in not finding someone to just be me with. Don't get me wrong, I'm all about conscious and continous self-improvement, but don't verbally and emotionally abuse yourself along the way.
And for all the men who ever just thought, "I'm just not that into you..."
Shut it. Don't call or give mixed messages. Just act as you say and think - and end it.
4 comments:
"We gotta go through the pain sometimes to realize the obvious."
needlessly tiresome, but true.
Amen.
Well, that is one way to look at it. Then again, there are clever guys out there that will let you think they are into you. It also goes both ways, but I think girls just generally just show that they are not into people so they won't "waste time."
And the sad thing is, there's like a wait list of 20 female customers for this book at our store. Geez.
Post a Comment