11.09.2001

Chillin in L.A...
I am sitting in a computer lab on campus..I'm visiting my good homie, Anne Cruz, this weekend. Anne is a public health grad student at UCLA. I went to a couple of her classes today since I am also interested in ucla's program.

I had quite an interesting flight yesterday..I met some cool people on the plane. On the left of me was this 16-year old kid, Ben, who was traveling with his family. He is mixed Filipino and British...goodness, he looked more european with a British accent! So I introduced myself...=) although he was only 16 you could tell he was gonna be hella fine later in life. He looks like he can be a model, seriously. He has this great natural tan and great skin. I know, I know, what is Divo doing checking out young boys. =) Well, I was actually very impressed by his intelligence and knowledge about the world. Ben's father is a geneticist and constantly moves/travels for his job and takes along his family. After our flight to L.A. they were heading back home to Australia and then would be moving to Thailand! Goodness...I could only imagine. I realized there is so much hands-on learning that you can do while traveling. You could tell Ben's world was limitless and I told him as we went our separate ways, "you will have a great future, I can tell! =)" On the right of me I met the IT infrastructure director for SFSU. She was living the tele-commuting life in a way...but every two weeks she would travel between SF and LA, her home town. She, on the other hand looks like she's had enough of the traveling. I love meeting cool people on the plane...

No comments: