7.21.2007

A beautiful day in Santana Row...
This has been the most relaxing weekend I've had in awhile. Nowhere to go, nothing too specific to do. I went to Ikea today to buy some stuff for my apt and then headed to lunch with Jenn, Rhonda, and Nan. It was like our version of Sex and the City when the girls are sharing a meal together. It's nice to be able to do that again since I'm back in town. But it's not like years ago when we used to just hang out together - our lives are much different now. We're concerned about adult things - having babies, relationships/marriage, buying houses, family matters and illnesses. But it's good to reconnect with people who have known you forever - you don't have to explain yourself. It's really refreshing. I'm so thankful everyday that they are in my life.

Mom didn't feel too good today. I guess the chemo treatment kicked in a couple days afterwards. It's hard seeing her like this. The majority of the time she's been at home she's actually been feeling pretty good. God, you know, it's weird seeing my mom like the token cancer patient you would see on TV in those fundraisers for cancer or in the hospital. She has no hair right now and kind of struggles along when she's not feeling too well. But I have to say she has a great attitude and spirit about the whole thing. She's a very strong woman. Does not whine or complain about her illness. I think she's still hesitant to ask for help and I have to remember to offer because it's not something she's used to doing.

The contractor is finally making some progress with our house. The foundation is coming together. It's going to look like a big addition. I hope they are doing a quality job on it. The city does have to inspect it every so often during the whole project so hopefully that'll keep everything in line.

Tomorrow I plan to go to church. I haven't really thought of God too much lately. I feel very disconnected from my faith right now. Strangely enough I'm only probably going to church every couple of months because of all the weddings we've been going to. I just have to keep my family and our situation in my prayers.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

boy, don't i know what you mean about having a relaxing weekend...

and i hope your mom is not feeling too horrible. please let me know if you need anything!

Lawrence Manuel said...

How's things going, D? Everything good on this end. We've got 16 or less more days before baby arrives. I'll keep you posted. Keep in touch. Aloha!

Anonymous said...

Update your blog soon.

Anonymous said...

Dude, update your blog.