So after some pretty good convincing by Anne C. I think I'm going to be heading out to Portugal and Spain in June! I went to Borders today to check out some travel books. My favorite series of travel books is the Eyewitness Travel Guides because they come with lots of pictures, the history of the country, and some practical tips for traveling in that area. Their Top 10 books are probably the best since they whittle down to the "must sees" if you are visiting for only a short time.
I ran into this book today. Don't Let the World Pass You By. "Being away from home, I can become someone different; maybe a more ideal version of myself appears. It lets me explore who I want to be."
"Impressions of another country last much longer than the time you were away. Once you come into contact with another culture, you'll feel like you have a stake in it. Because it's somewhere you've walked breathed and tasted, and whether your sojourn lasted 5 days or 50, that place is now somehow a part of you."
Let's go!!
2 comments:
WOOOOOT! Hooray for travelling. I got my passport! Too bad we're going on different times, though. We could party the night away in Spain if we were to hook up. :P
Ha! Anne asked me, too, but can't make it. Hot damn. Gotta save all my vacation time for the PI next January! Dang! :)
Post a Comment