Meeting people for a reason...
I had a very cool IM conversation with a friend of mine from school last night. He just got into one of the best biz schools in the US and was expressing his appreciation to me for persuading him to take a stab at applying. At the time I gave him the advice I just remember going through the same decision process and telling him that he'd better take the chance and apply or he'll never know. And that's something you don't want to regret. I told him that he helped me through some rough times I had during our time at grad school...and I told him he too will never know how much he's helped me.
This brings me to think, man there's got to be a reason why we meet certain people. We are drawn to people because they maybe have something we don't have and inspire to be...or because you have so much in common that you are convinced you are somehow related. People that you never think you'd get along with end up being some of the best friends you've ever had. Sometimes it's just all about timing. They are good for us in some points in our lives and no longer relevant in others. Ex's can even be better as friends than your significant other, with time. Good friends stand the test of time and are the ones that help you while hovering over the toilet...haha you know what I mean. =)
Anyways, I'm digressing. I'm just glad I am blessed with so many good people in my life. Thanks guys.
No comments:
Post a Comment