4.26.2005

Hello from Boracay!
Well, I'm at an internet cafe again - it is 930 pm here. We came to this island really last minute seriously to the point that we had to get a hook up to even get our room because since it's peak season everything is fully booked! It's beautiful here but since we got here at 6 pm it was already sunset. I'm looking forward to tomorrow when I can really enjoy the weather during the day - going to wake up early (hopefully at 6 am!) Anyways, we are leaving on Friday so I only have a few days. I am already thinking about getting back to things when I return. I think two weeks is just the right amount of time for me! I've enjoyed everything so far. I've met all my cousins - about 13 of them. As my sister said to me, it is all overwhelming. The life here, seeing how my relatives live, the different ways you can live in the Philippines. I've learned a lot in the past two weeks. I think our time spent in manila has been ok. I think I enjoyed some times in the province more. I feel like makati is just like a city of malls. Like Valley Fair times 10. Hehe...

Today we flew into Kalibo (an hour and a half away from Boracay) where I met my mom's cousin. He has his own farm - with huge pigs and acres of veggies. It's all amazing. We took a tiny boat here to the island. Man that was crazy. When we finally got off this man had to carry me to the sand because the boat doesn't totally dock on the sand. haha...anyways, many stories to tell when i get back.

Well I just spent 50 pesos for one hour here and we better get back. I should be enjoying the night life here! haha...anyways, tty all soon. Miss you lots.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Divo, glad to hear you're enjoying your stay there! Can't wait to see you and hear your stories when you get back!

Grace T.

Anonymous said...

Come back home soon! I miss you lots. Just make sure to come back with your legs tanned ;)