[los angeles, ca]
Ringing in 2005
Ringing in 2005 was pretty uneventful - I slept for an hour before midnight rolled around! I decided there was no point in jumping when midnight struck since that obviously hasn't helped me for the past 26 years. I was just happy to be filled with yummy food from the holidays while relaxing at home. ;-) I spent the first couple of hours of 2005 at Sunny's house. It was my first time watching MTV's Pimp My Ride. It was awesome watching people's reactions after their cars get done!
My visit to the Bay was all about seeing people I hadn't seen in ages. I caught "Meet the Fockers" with Justin - a highly recommended movie that will definitely keep you laughing. It's not as crazy with "omg scenes" like the first one. But besides that, Justin and I hadn't hung out in like a year and it was great catching up with him. I saw high school and college friends that I also hadn't seen in at least a couple of years - finding out high school sweethearts are getting married, some are continuing on their academic and professional careers, and others are still exploring more of the world, or even coming back to the UC after being away for some time. It's good to know that we all still have our roots in the UC and the Bay Area. I also had Vietnamese food with Darwin and dim sum with Trang, Dan, and Jenn! =)
On Sunday Grace A. and I went to visit Gary and Bev's new house in south city! They are such the cutest couple and we were profusely entertained by their TiVo, Magic Mic, honeymoon pics, toffee cookies and just good ol' company! We need to hang out longer next time guys and with SUSHI!
I spent my last day here in the Bay having lunch with Sherille near her work and also visiting Loretta at her place. It was great talking to each of them, even if it was for a short time.
Back in LA now - it will probably rain tomorrow. It is FREEZING out here. Enjoying my last few days of "freedom" before I start classes again on Friday. Just six more months and I will have my masters. I don't know what this means to me yet. It is part of my resolution to do some serious soul and career searching.
Happy 2005 everyone and don't sweat the small stuff but do sweat those small pounds lingering on our butts! HAHA!
3 comments:
It was so fun hanging out with you two! Wish it was longer!
Hey! Why don't you leave your Beamer up here and drive the Scirroco down there and call up MTV. Yep, anything so the windows roll again....
Ya ate.. i make those quote up... hehe, i'm smart huh? YA i feel better now.. after getting all this comfort from all my older cuzzins... ~Marc
Post a Comment