7.28.2003

Major slacker, I know!

It's been weeks since I've updated this thing that I needed to look at my old entry to see what I even wrote about. So, last I wrote I was in L.A. Since then, I wento M I A M I (from July 16th-Juy 20th).

Thong, tha thong thong thong...
There is no shame in Miami, seriously. It's getting so hot (think Nelly) in MIAMI, MIAMI (think Will Smith). Grace A. and I arrived Wednesday morning after a red-eye flight. At the car rental place, we decided to upgrade to a convertible. Definitely changed the experience! We headed out to Ft. Lauderdale Beach, which turned out to be the cleanest and most beautiful beach I saw while we were out there. We had brunch near the shoreline. The relaxation and beauty of where we ate was indicative of the week to come! Grace also bought this bomb peach hat to protect herself from the serious sun. Thank God I brought my hat =). Here are some pix...the cool thing was taking mini videos with Grace's camera. I'll post those some day...=) Oh yeah, did I mention the NANAY retreat was very productive? hehe...the main things I learned were:


Planning without action leads to wasted ideas
Action without planning leads to wasted energies
Planning WITH action leads to success

and your goals must have specific descriptions and deadlines!! If anyone knows of any old vehicles that people may want to donate (through a company or personal acquaintance) please let me know!! We are hoping to get a van by the end of next year. Did you know donating a vehicle may have a higher return on a tax write-off then selling it to a dealer??

Update on the LA move
So I'm in the escrow process for a 1 BR, 1 Bath place on Bagley Ave. in LA. Hopefully everything goes smoothly and I'll get the keys to the place by the end of August. I'll probably have to fly out there again to sign the papers. Anyone up to helping me move in and paint the first weekend in September?? I'm in home furnishing and decorating mode (which I never thought I'd be into) but ideally I'd like everything to match! =)

Lots of Celebrating!
Yesterday I went with Cesar and Hanh (Joy) to Neal and Elena's 'going away to NY' bbq. Elena got into NY Med and Neal got a teaching job (and a cool house to live in!) at a catholic school nearby. Congrats to them both!!

Cesar and Hanh have great news!! But I'll disclose it as soon as I can release it (I know, don't be a tease!)

Happy Belated bday to Justin! Grace A. and I hung out at Justin's and I got my first lesson on dj'ing. Damn, harder than I thought. We got a tour of his house and all the old family pics (my God, who looks like who??), watched tv, ate ice cream, and just chilled. Our gift to him was a Hooters t-shirt from Miami--I think he loved it cuz it said, Girls Love Me! haha...

Anyways, back to work..major slacker at work too...

No comments: