5.07.2003

[listening to mp3s - Clocks by Coldplay]

I don't know why I'm not sleeping yet. I just went through my bills and cleaned up the study room a bit. I hate mail and have noticed that I almost miss paying bills because I just don't like opening envelopes. I should do automatic bill pay. I'll think about it. Hmm, well highlights this past weekend in SD...

Friday night
I visited family friends and stayed at my aunt's house for the night. It's always nice to know that there are people that will let you crash at their place if you need it! Saturday morning Adrian (my like 3rd generation cousin) and I went to meet up my coworker, Peggy, and my client/friend, Gary, at Pacific Beach. On the way, Adrian and I somehow ran into La Jolla Cove--not a bad mistake but too bad it was kinda raining. I could tell it would be beautiful though.

I was glad to see Peggy was doing ok besides all the drama that happened that past 48 hours. About Gary - Besides holding a pharm degree and being Dir of Bus Dev for Skinmedica, Gary is an artist, and a pretty damn good one at that. He does great paintings and has cool furniture in his place. He knew what Lim was too! =) I was loving his apt by the beach.

So Peggy, Gary, Adrian, and I headed to The Green Flash for brunch. After we were done eating, it stopped raining so we just hung out by the beach and enjoyed the sun that decided to come out. Man I swear I need to live by water. It is just sooo relaxing.

Saturday night
Came back to the Bay and was happy when Sunny and Nan said we were heading to the City! We went to Joe's Crack Joint - I mean Crab Joint. It's on Fisherman's Wharf - had some yummy coconut shrimp! =) Then we went home--we're getting old. Sunday Nan, Sunny, and I randomly went to Sushihouse in Alameda then watched XMEN 2! Good movie--special effects were great!

Status at work...
So I'm proposing two options to my work right now - live and work from San Diego or work and live in Thousand Oaks to be onsite for one of our clients. If I had to live in the LA area I'd rather live in Santa Monica by the beach but Divo has no patience for the traffic down there. Hopefully one of the two works out. Pros to living in SD..it's freakin SD, beautiful and I feel safer being close to family and friends. Con to SD, commuting to UCLA every once in awhile for school (2x a month). Pros to living in LA area - close to client and school but con is living in LA. Period. =) Ok, I know it won't be that bad but come on, I just want to live and work by the beach--is that too much to ask for?? =)

No comments: