1.11.2003

First blog in the new year...
and hopefully the last blog on dial-up from home:

Your SBC Yahoo! DSL will be activated on 01-09-2003. Within 6 business
days, you should receive your DSL equipment and installation
instructions via UPS.


Yup, Divo finally got DSL but the freakin NIC card didn't come with the installation kit like it was supposed to. grrr....so I'm trying to change the billing date till the first day I log on...cannot wait!

What has Divo been up to...
On New Year's Eve my sister and I stopped by my cousin's house in Union City, watched Shrek and rang in the New Year with my little cousins...they are the cutest!! Then we headed to Sunny's house had more food (what happened to the, "No eating after 8 pm rule?" Good stuff.

I've been busy with NANAY stuff. We've made a commitment to be at the Woolfe House on Howard and 4th every 1st and 3rd Saturday afternoon of the month. It's great that we are starting to really build relationships with these seniors. Dancng, eating, a little bit of health promo--it's really cool.

Macworld Conference
The Mac fanatics all congregated at the SF Moscone Center this past week. Gary and I hooked up on Tuesday to attend. That morning Gary calls me up and says, go to www.apple.com! The 12" and 17" G4 Powerbooks were just unvailed by Steve Jobs. Divo size and the not-so-Gary size--just kidding =) It was cool...I think I'm leaning towards the 15" though, right in the middle. I love the new iLife software that integrates the digital video, pix, and music all into one application to make slideshows, DVDs, etc. What makes me hesitant to jump on the Mac bandwagon is whether or not I can keep up with the annual changes that always make you feel like you have to have the latest and greatest--or is that just my good friend rubbing off on me. =) I love gadgets too but I think my tech tolerance level is on average 2 years. We'll see when February rolls around the Powerbooks are available in stores.

Happy 25th Anniversary Mom and Dad
I've been totally engrossed in planning for my parent's 25th anniversary party, which will actually be tomorrow!! I swear, just when you think you've bought everything you need, you have to make another Costco run. =) Damn it. Got the slideshow, all the CD party favors, decorations, food, entertainment. Cannot wait!!

I was trying to buy this Sony digital videcamera today but they sold out at Best Buy and it's being discontinued. So Sunny convinced me it will be okay. :*/ My sister just told me Voltaire can help me transfer the analog video to digital anyways--whew. I forsee this being one of my first DVD projects.

So...I'm stressin but happy (with some stomach pains). Divine--don't forget to eat--my mom says. Okay. I won't. =)

No comments: