4.16.2002

Driving in Jersey
There are so many freakin toll booths in New Jersey. I felt like for every 10 miles I had to pay 35 cents. Then you have many of lanes to choose from: Pay with cash, exact change only, EZ Lane (like our FastTrak), Cash with Receipt. Man, you can bet I didnít always make it the correct lane! I was praying I just had exact change. I felt funny asking for a receipt for 35 cents! I got lost tooÖthe difference between driving here in Jersey also is that there arenít that many exits in between citiesÖand when you do exit it doesnít always circle back to the freeway again. So there was a moment when I was driving for a good 15 miles before I turned back around toward the right direction.

But anyways! I did get to see the Statue of Liberty..well, okay the back of it. I think you can only access the front of the statue by ferry. I arrived in Newark, NJ at 4:30 pm and was able to drive to the Statue of Liberty Park. It was beautifulÖI made sunset and was able to see the NY city skyline. I canít imagine what it would be like to know that everyday before Sept. 11th the WTC stood the tallest in the skyline. Now itís the Empire State building. Anyways, lots of pictures, more stories. But Iím about to go into the afternoon session of trainingÖmore to come. No freakin internet access in hotel room because the IMS network wonít let me in. Gotta call ITÖ

No comments: