3.28.2002

I've been meaning to write about my east coast adventure but have not had the time...and I want to talk about it with all my pix but I haven't uploaded them yet..I know, slacker. Anyways, we'll let me just start with being a lone travler makes things a lot more interesting. I mean, don't get me wrong, there were many times when I felt like I wish someone could be enjoying this with me! But on the whole, traveling alone is quite an experience. Especially being such a "small" traveler...people seemed to be extra concerned about my well-being. Probably cuz they could see me struggling with the luggage I had =)...but anyways...

Philly--it's a cool city...so much history and personality. The Friday after my training was supposed to head out to Baltimore in the morning so I could meet with Johns Hopkins at 12:30 pm..but I really wanted to see the historical part of Philly and get my Philly cheesesteak! =) So luckily I was able to reschedule for later in the afternoon and visit Independence Hall, our first capital of the U.S. I saw where our Founding Fathers actually wrote and signed the Constitution and the Articles of Confederation. I also saw where George Washington handed over the presidency to John Adams, our second president. To see where the free U.S began, creating a government unheard of in that time is amazing. Ok here's my ghetto props to the Founding Fathers for getting us where we are today...

No comments: