10.14.2001

So Divo did get her groove on last night at Backstreet--a woman's club on 550 Barnaveld that my friends and I always go to. I love the music there, finally some HipHop and R&B. I have to say sometimes I like gay clubs better than straight clubs. You don't have all that meat market drama that freakin drives me crazy at straight clubs. Everyone's just there having a great time...there's just something about all women coming together..haha..the only bad thing--I don't have anyone to check out myself. Damn.

So my friend Eileen asks me last night in one of our philosophical conversations, do I believe in love at first sight, and/or fate. Hmm...I don't think there's "love" per se at first sight...more like instant attraction that fiercely propels you to get to know that person more, sometimes even more than you've ever wanted to get to know someone before. Love to me is all encompassing...you completely accept someone for all that they are--their passions, dreams, short-comings, little quirks. You can't gauge all that at your first sight, I don't think..it develops over time.

Fate..well, I think we are all here on earth for some purpose..so in that way I think we are destined to impact those around us. Just exactly how and is it determined by fate? I think we control to some extent where we go in life, so I do not completely believe in Fate alone. But you gots to wonder, damn it's got to be fate when you find yourself in those kick ass situations, like, hello I just went on a madd shopping spree and got the best deals. =) Ok sorry, that's my freakin shopping fiend talking...

Off to teaching confirmation class soon...

No comments: