Inspired by Chai, I've decided to post. I'm in Monterey right now waiting for the traffic to die down before I head back to San Jose. Tuan's flying in tonight and we're heading for our east coast trip tomorrow. We'll be in NYC for 4 days and Boston for 3 days. I'm so excited! I love visiting the east coast - it gets me my fix so I don't have to feel like I have to live there at some point in my lifetime.
Well I moved to the Bay the beginning of May for the new job. Things are going well with the new job. I finally got a 1 br apartment that I'm moving into in mid-July. I'm off the 85 on Almaden Expressway so it's kinda in deep San Jose. I like the area though because there's a lot of stores nearby. Those LA conveniences still stick with me. I'm not too happy with living in a 1 br apt again but I couldn't justify paying a couple hundred more for the 2 br.
My mom had her first chemo treatment a week ago. She's doing ok..she's nauseous the first couple of days and it takes about 5 days before her appetite really comes back. She's going in for it every couple of weeks for 3 months. Her hair is falling out a bit. Hopefully she won't get much weaker than this. I heard radiation treatment can make you even more tired though. Thanks for everyone's support as our family is going through all of this.
My parents are also getting their house remodeled but I swear we are having so many contractor problems that we might end up suing the guy. Crazy. Damn all I can say is check the record of any contractor you hire to make sure they are legit and have the money to complete the project!
Thoughts for the week...
- Got to bring out my camera to Monterey and Pismo Beach.
- Don't lose sight of what makes you happy.
Congrats to Gary and Bev on their new baby, Ayden! Love that name...
Happy belated bdays to all the June babies :)
2 comments:
wee...special mention! but it did take me some time to go and read your blog...booo me! i hope you're mommy's wayyyy better...i know she'll be...and speaking of contractors, they're always a pain in the ass. you need to be on top of them just to make sure they get the job done. otherwise, they'll screw you! bahhh...i miss ya girlie! tell me when you come to visit lil' moi!
Hi Divo, I'm praying that your mom has a speedy recovery and doesn't suffer from any relapses.
I posted some before after shots on my blog of our bathroom remodel if you want to share it with your parents.
Let's hang out again soon. You should meet Ayden, he's almost as big as you now ;-) JK
Post a Comment