
I was totally inspired to get a xmas tree this year. I will have three whole weeks to look at it, I'm so happy. I don't know, I guess when I saw the tree at Union Square in SF it just reminded me of how much it just relaxes me to stare at the lights and the beautiful decorations. So I am sitting in my living room after midnight, with all the lights off except for my tree. Loving it.
Vacay recap...
Man, so much happened while I was away for the week. Vegas was awesome. You know, there is always the potential to have a totally different trip everytime you visit Vegas. When I went with the girls a couple months of ago it seemed like it was all about watching shows ('O" and Common) and chillin by the pool. I didn't even go out dancing at all that time. Crazy. This time it was all about clubbin, eating, and shopping. Yes, three of my favorite things.

Chris Rock and Dave Chapelle @ Pure
So, Pure, the club at Caesar's, was cool. I think it's a bit overrated but I guess it's where everyone shows up. I saw Chris Rock and Dave Chapelle there, UFC fighter Chuck Liddel again (sorry no pics, Serena!)...again, again I will not wait two hours to get in a club. Damn it..but taking shots in line helped keep the spirits up =) Sunday night we went to Body English at the Hard Rock Casino. Let's just say all the perv guys were out that night..I don't know if it was that particular hotel or what. =/ Plus: better music to me that night than at Pure the night before.
My last night in Vegas I spent it with Allen, an old coworker of mine from IMS, and his gf Dima. They like to gamble so most of the time I just watched them play =) But we did hit a couple of good restaurants - Tao at the Venetian, the hot new asian fusion restaurant, whose club also happens to be dubbed the same name. Another night we went to Fix at the Bellagio. I would pick Tao over Fix but both were good nonetheless. We also went to Shadow Bar at Caesar's. Why did we keep evaluating which dancer's boobs had a better silouette? I guess that's just what you do when you go to the Shadow bar...
Missing the Bay
Man, after not being home for only two months I realized how much I missed being back in the Bay. I even missed karaoke'ing with my dad! (We did that Thanksgiving night after dinner - of course, it's because we had Cheryl and Manabu over, no other reason!) Right...
Saturday I was telling Jenn, I felt so lucky to be hanging out with three of my close girl friends at the same time in my favorite City! The three of us did hit the new H&M at Union Square. After going there a couple times in the east coast I was looking forward to seeing it in SF. I bought a couple of things, but nothing outrageously a good deal. Then we met Cheryl and Manabu in the middle of Union Square to check out the xmas tree. Like I said, beautiful every year. No matter how many times I've seen it.
Friday we celebrated Melvin's bday at Le Cheval, a French Vietnamese restaurant. I kept hearing about this place and was wondering what all the rave was about. Not too bad. The highlight of the night would be my cousins trying to be all cool about eating HOT peppers...keep the water coming!
Oh and I went to Blowfish Sunny, Jenn, Rhonda, and Nan Wednesday night - damn, who knew animae porn goes well with shi shi sushi? Weird. Is that why we got oysters? haha..anyways, that was a great night with Sunny and them. It's crazy how we only all get together like once or twice a year these days. It used to be like I'll meet you in 5 minutes because we lived around the corner from each other. Never take the time we have together for granted, that's for sure. Then we met Serena to go to DNA (except for the little locking out incident, I think we had a great time!) I got picked up at DNA that night...like literally someone picked me up off the ground. Goodness, why do people always do that to me. Don't pick up on us shorties.
Went to Koi two days in a row - again, can't say no to sushi and QT with good friends. Thanks Eileen, Jenn, and Grace...
So now I'm back in LA. At least it's not raining like I hear it is in the Bay. Listening to Sinatra. Hope you're having a great week!
2 comments:
divine, your tree looks so nice!! mike and i are getting our tree soon too. i have been shopping for decorations...but haven't started shopping for people yet! hehehe. take care.
It's a divo sized tree!
Post a Comment