Is it possible to be friends with your ex?
"Being friends with your ex is like putting gas into a car that's been totalled."
Made me laugh - a good analogy, eh?
But I'd have to agree with this -
"I guess my answer is that it is possible but make sure you are completely over them before you invest in a friendship. If you are not over them it can be almost as bad as the break-up if they hurt you again."
4 comments:
I agree, from the other side of it…if there’s even a spark of hope/love left in you, it’s easy for that spark to ignite. You can try to fool yourself that you’re over him, and you start talking again as “friends”, but then one night when your ex calls and tells you about a girl he met a party he really likes…it’s so easy to get hurt again. Then you feel stupid for letting him in when you know what happened between you guys the first time. Ok TMI :)
I am true believer that you can be friends with your exes. But it is much easier when there is time, and possibly even space, for you to heal. I am best friends with my ex, but it took us a long time to get where were are now.
I guess you can be friends if your ex shares the same friends. Especially if you have known your ex for a long time.
But for relationships shorter than a year or so, I don't think the "friend" thing works. It could if you really tried? But there needs to be some time away from each other to allow some proper healing time.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's possible. But it will definitely be tough. I always think, though, that you should try your hardest to be friends with your ex. I mean, you've shared your thoughts with them. That's got to mean something.
Post a Comment