[los angeles - starbucks @ 3rd St. Promenade]
Who would name their kid Ra-gina (as in like vagina)?
We were watching a video in class yesterday about "Superbugs" in hospitals - bugs that you can only catch in the hospital (like MRSA and VRE). These lil' devils are not cool at all - patients can even come out sicker than they came in. And they are resilient to many of the antibiotics that are used to treat them. Anyways, it was a very sad video actually but one of the patient's names was Ragina. I don't know what the heck her parents were thinking. You could tell people in class were like, "Did I hear that right?" Oh man. How about Renis? I can't believe they have the testicular fortitude to consider naming their child that! Ok...I cannot believe some of the quirky sayings that are coming out of my class...hahaha
Well, I'm being unproductive at a Starbucks in Santa Monica right now. I returned something that ended up getting me a $50 credit towards William Sonoma or Pottery Barn! Cool! Then I returned something at BR. I swear, impulse purchases just lead to returns. They can be a waste of time.
I have two hours before Aileen and I are going to hit the town all dressed up for Halloween. I tried to hit up this Halloween store on the way here. Man the line in there was going all the way around the store - talk about last minute! I didn't even bother buying what I had in mind (body glitter). Did you know you can buy flavored body glitter - hit up Sephora. Hmm I wonder why it is flavored (says naive lil' ol me!) Well, I'm not overly excited about my costume as it will be a repeat from two years ago when I went to the Castro in SF but hey it's something. We'll be going to the Forbidden City, a club on Vine in Hollywood. Should be interesting. Anyways, I guess I'm heading out.
BOO!
1 comment:
Err... if I remember my history right, that's the way they pronounced Regina way back when, like in Queen Victoria's Day. "Countess Ra-gina" or something like that. But ya... not a good idea for these days.
Post a Comment