Wednesday we attempted to get up bright and early to make it to Pearl Harbor to see the U.S. Arizona Memorial. We thought we were making good time at 8 am but when we got there it seemed like people must have camped out because the line was already snaking around - we waited one hour just to get tickets and then had to wait another two hours to watch the short documentary and get on the boat to the actual memorial! But it was cool, I always like learning more about America's history.
Afterwards, we decided to head to the military base - which apparently has the largest Navy Exchange in the US! Then we headed out to the Polynesian Cultural Center but along the way we nearly drove through most of the island. We stopped by North Shore, which has beaches such as Sunset Beach and Wailea Bay. I think it's my favorite part of Oahu. Man, some of beaches were pretty secluded.
Palm tree @ Wailea Bay
By the time we got to PCC it was 4:30 in the afternoon and all the Polynesian villages closed by 7 pm! But I think we got the gist…Samoans and their fire, Tonga people and their drums - the people working there seemed pretty funny (and some were pretty damn good lcoking!) We enjoyed the 2-hour Horizons show afterwards where all the Polynesian cultures performed! I totally recommend coming here if you haven't experienced Hawaii or any of these cultures.
No comments:
Post a Comment