10.19.2003

[listening to 'emotions' by Destiny's Child]

This weekend was so much fun! I had a good mix of work and play =). Friday night I studied at Barnes and Noble and catched up on some reading. Surprisingly I wasn't the only student there! There were a lot of study groups going on and people just concentrating on their schoolwork!

The hunt for the rectangular cuff watch...
Saturday I was on the hunt for this watch. I went to the Grove, which once again was 10 mins from my place! =) I tried to also take my Powerbook in for a "checkup" since it seems to start up kinda slow and the AppleCare Cd doesn't work. The freakin Genius Center was full and I didn't feel like wasting my time waiting. So I headed to Nordstrom to look for the watch. They ran out! The more I couldn't locate it the more I went after every possible Nordstroms in LA to find it (not by visiting but calling). Goodness. I finally decided to just buy it online where I first saw it. Maybe it's a model that will be discontinued soon? Can we say Nordstrom rack?? Damn, still was not there. So that is my watch story. Oh and I went to Costco...yogurt, frozen pot stickers, and ravioli pasta were on the list.

Dublin's on Sunset Blvd.
Ah so I finally hit the infamous Sunset Blvd. on Saturday night. It was cool--Aileen called me up and said Myra was in town--so of course we had to partay! =) haha..anyways, what I learned that night was you need to be at Sunset by 10 pm or you will have a hellish time finding parking..and secondly, Aileen could go on and on when she is drunk--pretty funny! haha..anyways, I was DD but it was all good. I ended up staying over at Aileen's house. Started watching Goonies...now I understand why Michael Jackson was Sunny's best friend in high school. wa? (it's ok..inside joke.) =)

Sunday Aileen, Myra, and I were good girls and went to church! Not any church though--the cathedral where Gregory Peck was buried. That was cool to see. Got some work done at home then headed out again but this time to Venice Beach!! Click on the pic for my pictures!





Man, I'm glad Aileen and I will get to hang out more now that we live in LA. Thanks to the Okialda sisters for a great weekend!

No comments: