9.20.2003

[los angeles, ca]

I am officially a resident of Los Angeles, CA. I've been here for almost two weeks now and I think I'm finally beginning to settle in. Going to my first weekend of graduate classes helped because I finally got to meet some people that I will be seeing on a somewhat regular basis, even though it won't be daily. I like my classmates and the ideas that have been discussed thus far. I think I'm happiest when I'm learning something new while working at the same time. At least for now.

Living on my own is pretty cool--I like knowing that my mess is my mess and I like being self-sufficient. I'm learning some things the hard way but it's all good because it's all a learning experience! There's no one to defer things to, no one to rely on, you just have to deal with you. I am frustrated with me too sometimes (now I know how you all feel!) hehe...anyways, enough rambling. Here are some pictures from my new place. The pictures with the white walls are the "before" pictures.





Without my parents, my uncle, and my sister I would not have been able to get through this move. My last couple of weeks in the Bay Area were pretty stressful on me, along with work getting pretty crazy. But as I sit here in my room (listening to John Mayer's new Cd) I just feel the luv it took to get everything together in a short amount of time. No words can express my gratitude...

No comments: