Moving cubes and eating Cheez-It
It's almost 6 pm and I'm still at the office trying to reorganize my office space while eating Cheez-Its. I'm feeling quite Salt-Saturated right now but I cannot stop!
Friday night...
The gang and I took out Eileen's boss' cousin (who?!) to a night in the City. She was originally from Italy but is currently working as a lawyer in Brussels, Belgium. Food Stop--Tin Pan, a great asian bistro place on Market near Castro. Gotta love those wontons with the melted chocolate filling and rasberry sauce caressing over them. Yikes! Then we headed out to Twin Peaks for one of the warmest nights I've ever felt in my life up there. Geezus, let's just say I was wearing a skirt and did not feel cold at all! That freakin never happens.
Saturday...
Went to Fairfield to run some errands with my mom and sister. Let's say 111 degrees in the car...yeah, please crack your windows open. Watched John Q with Denzel, pretty good movie! Better than I expected!
Hmm...
I realized it's ironic how I am making money by working for the pharmaceutical industry--an industry who essentially wants to make money off of sick people--to educate myself on how I can provide adequate healthcare to all populations without the motive of making money. Geezus.
There are so many people out there who get screwed for life because of healthcare issues that financially blow your wallet out of the water. The only people who have good insurance are well-off and the really poor who are covered by government insurance. Warning: did you know that not all insurance plans cover for organ transplants?? Know all the facts behind your insurance coverage because the last situation you want to be in is realizing you have to pay for healthcare services out of your own pocket at the hospital!
Sunday...
Saw Angel, Sherille, Cesar, Anne, Grace, and Glenn--had lunch at Sushi House in Alameda. Really great rolls at this place I tell you!! Sunny and I visited Rhonda at her new apartment in Lake Merritt. It's always great to see friends you haven't seen in ages. It really makes you appreciate the people around you.
No comments:
Post a Comment