7.11.2002

About the rest of my Southern Cali weekend...

Wednesday afternoon...
My sister and I started our 3 hour drive to SLO to visit Ro at CalPoly. We got a chance to see her cool place. Reminded me of the days in college when you just dropped by friends' apts like they were your own. =) We went to Splash Cafe in Pismo Beach--had some of the best damn clam chowder and fried calamari! =) I think that's one of my favorite friend foods--calamari and zuccinni =) Then we took a chill night ride through downtown SLO and the campus--seemed nice, even in the dark!

Thursday morning...Happy July 4th
Got up bright and early (6 am) to start driving to San Diego. Hit up Solvang, a little Danish town, on the way and picked up some pashtries (as Ro's mom would say). From a few peaks of the coast on 101, it looked like it could have been a more beautiful drive but with all the morning fog we were short-changed. We made good time, about 5 hours minus the speeding ticket and we were in SD by 12 noon.

Shopping...
at the outlets by TJ (as I call them, the TJ Outlets!) Saw the biggest Banana Republic ever! Surprise, surprise, Divo actually didn't buy anything. Next stop, Seaport Village -- it's like their version of Fisherman's Warf. Awesome view of SD from the Top of the Hyatt. Loving SD...

Fireworks...
at the Olympic Training Center five minutes from where we were staying in Chula Vista. We were standing right in front of them. Cute guy took our picture. My sister and I have a theory..there are cuter guys in SD then in the the Bay =) Saw Mr. Deeds...Adam and Winona were cute. Not the best Sandler movie but it kept me pretty entertained after fireworks!

Friday...Beach Day!
My long lost cousin and cool friend, Adrian picked up my sister and I and we headed for Coronado Beach! Man, I loved that place--white sands, houses to die for by the shore. Memories to note: we were somewhat lost even though we swore we knew where we were going, the woman who took our picture didn't warn us about the waves that were coming right behind us, Adrian had to walk in barefoot into Vons to buy sandles since his shoes were soaked, Moo Time ice cream--specificallyi Pralines and Crunch in strawberry ice cream.

Pacific Beach was cool--not as clean as Coronado though and I have confirmed that there are just some rude people at some of these places. Let's just say, we were ready to poor melted ice cream on the windshield of the guy who stole the parking spot we were waiting for for about 10 minutes. Too bad he left the beach before we did.

Total beach time = 4 hours. Drove down "PB," hey I'm a wanna-be SD local. Ate at Da Kines, a low-key Hawaiian/Asian food restaurant. Pretty good =) Two words: Spam Musabi.

Ok, more on this trip tomorrow. This is already a long entry! =)


No comments: