The Importance of Communication...
I figured out where I get my poor communication skills from (I know, me poor communication skills?? =) jk..ok shud up divine, i know...). The tension in my house has been kinda thick cuz my dad's brother (which would make him my uncle right? yeah, i'm really close to my extended family as you can tell =) ) might visit for a month during my parents' vacation. But my mom's feeling kinda trapped during her 3 week vacation if he does. My dad hasn't really asked my mom her opinion (I think cuz he already knows how she feels about the whole thing) and so my mom is making the assumption that he doesn't respect her feelings. All this is happening in silence, of course. So my dad and I had a good conversation last night (considering the fact he was kinda pissed off at me the night before since I accidently put 87 gas in my new car), and I tried to let him know he should consult with my mom before he makes any final decisions about their vacation time. I don't know if he got it though..hopefully...
So I realized I am fortunate that my parents have a good marriage. More often than not they are having a great time. But I wonder, with my dad being SO spontaneous all the time (like when he buys the "family" cars without getting our opinion at first), I wonder if my mom knew that he was that way when she decided to marry him. I say I get my communication skills from them because as a family we NEVER fight or even raise our voices. There is just the thickest tension in the room, the silence kills. We are like a ticking time bomb waiting for something to trigger it to go off. I think in general many things don't get to us to begin with so one cannot really tell if we're really ok or if we're just keeping quiet about how unhappy we are.
I guess I'm glad I'm aware of this at all so I don't torture the person I'm with my wackiness. =)
Easter Weekend
Easter was pretty cool. Saturday Jenn and I hung out with Melinda. Went to Miyake's in Palo Alto and Stanford Shopping Center. That was fun! That night hung out had a NANAY meeting (planning for our upcoming Mother's Day event) and chilled out Eileen's house. Natalie just bought a condo so we went to check that out too! Coolio...so that led me to think about my own plans about paying for my education and owning a condo since a house will be mucho dinero on my own. My sister said that was pretty weird that I'm already thinking that far ahead without anyone else to plan it with. Well, I can't wait around! =)
Sunday my aunt and uncle came from Fairfield and had lunch with us. Many stories about my aunt's trip from the Philippines. Think about this life: you have your own business, there is no such thing as a mortgage payment because you build your own house, and most of the day you are just chillin with family. That sounds great! Lately I've been wondering about our society and how we succumb ourselves to it's rules and commercialism. I think now I understand why my friend Jenn always wants to go to a different country where people are not as concerned about material things and being a consumer (look at the shop-aholic I've become!) Goodness...
Anyways, any progress on making my decision? Sometimes I feel like I have, sometimes I feel like I'm back to square one. I'll just leave it at that for now...
No comments:
Post a Comment